Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Second Interview


Interview with an International student

 
Preparation

It was easy to find the person because I knew a lot of people from Nepal. The interview was interesting and a little bit shocking because she seemed very comfortable and later she said she did not want to add something before the end of the interview. I used my cellphone to do the interview.

After the interview

We were both on time for the interview. At the end the interview, was wonderful and I got my experience on it.
 

 

Donald: Could you tell me about yourself? (Your name, home country)

Ashmi: My name is Ashmi kaavya. And I am from Nepal

 

D: What are you planning to do after school?

A: I want to go down south and become a Police Officer and work my way up and become a Detective. During that time I will find a police department that will be willing to pay for my graduate degree. If I can't find a police department to work at I will go to school down south for my Master's Degree in Criminal Justice.

 

D: Why did you choose to study at St. Cloud University?

A: Saint Cloud State University offers a great Law Enforcement program. Also it is only one hour away from the inner-city in which that is where my family is. Also this university tuition is less expensive than some universities in Minnesota. Another reason why I choose SCSU is because my older brother attends this school and he recommended me to come here.

 

D: What is the difference in educational systems between your country and North America?

A: I believe the difference in educational system in North America compared to Nepal is money. The ideal that is if you don't have money to eat then, a person would not have money to attend school. In Nepal discipline is enforced all the time. We had to walk 2 miles in order to attend school. I attended a all girl's school in which we had to wear uniforms. In comparison with North America, students have more free will. The transportation is not a issue here. The textbooks are more up to date and the cost of school is more expensive. Here in North America there are more opportunities in taking classes compared to Nepal.

 

D: Would you like to tell me about your country?

A:   It is an independent country. In my country we are very family-orientated. If we could all my family members would live in one house-hold. Also we have coffee ceremonies, in which we drink coffee three times a day. The purpose of it is to have gatherings and bring closer the community.

 

D: Could you tell me about your country's traditional process regarding marriage?

A:  In Nepal there are a lot of arranged marriages. My parents didn't experience that area of life. There are Dowry's marriages, in which a person has to give a livestock gift to the bride's parents. The gifts can range from a cow, to a pig to money.

 

D: Can you tell me about activities that young people like to do in your country?

A:  In my country children like to play soccer and be outdoors. I remember when I was a child I loved to watch my mother cook in the kitchen. I wasn't an outdoor type of person. The children in the country I remember love to skip rocks into the river.

 

 

D: What is your traditional food?

A:  Traditional foods in Nepal are Injera, in which we use to eat with most of meals. It is a spongy pancake looking. Most people eat this with our stews. Another food item that is traditional in Nepal is wet. Wet consist of chicken, beef, lamb, vegetables, lentils, and ground split peas stewed with hot spice.

 

D: How is the political system of your country structured?

A:  Nepal is a democratically country. A party can have a religious belief. But when he is electing you come not changes the constitution or promote your own party.

 

D: What are your country's major religions?

A:  Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Buddhist, Jews, Sikh, Ets.

 

D: What’s considered offensive in your country?

A:  Something’s that are offensive in my country is when you don’t respect other person, not respecting your elders, being violent to women and kids. Also behaving deviant to society is part of offensive to one's own family. This is offensive, because of the repetition families have.

No comments:

Post a Comment